Monday, November 30, 2009

Is there nay real difference between brand name cosmetics and cheaper products ?

I am thinking of brand name lines of deodorants after shave lotions and such. Are they really that much better then the ';in house'; lines of cosmetics carried by chains of pharmacies, or you just have to pay extra for the brand name.Is there nay real difference between brand name cosmetics and cheaper products ?
It depends on what you want. Eyeliners the same in my opinion, But everything else I think Brand Name IS better. One day I was trying to find black eye shadow[don't worry, I'm out of that emo phase] and all the brands looked like shimmer or grey when i applied it. I went to Sephora, however and tried there Urban Decay black eye shadow and it was amazing! It turned out pitch black. Foundation is also very important to me and your can tell the difference with the texture. drugstore brands seem to be a little sticky while the ones at Sephora are soft and creamy.


I think a brand of toiletries may be a little silly however unless you sweat a lot and drugstore brands don't suit what you want. Shave lotions...I'm not sure about that one, I'm pretty happy with my Target brand. But face wash i will splurge because you really do see a difference [I used to have acne] with Clinique.


So I think it just depends on your level of expectations on certain products. And most the time you don't pay just for the name, you pay for the cause [i wear breast cancer nail polish that 100% of the money goes to studies] where it's made [i don't believe in having 3rd world countries making things for little money] and last but not least, the ingredients [brand name uses much higher quality things.] So agian it's all about personal prefrenceIs there nay real difference between brand name cosmetics and cheaper products ?
Sometimes the results are better when buying expensive products. If you go cheaper you may develop breakage of the skin or even rash infections. Do your research when applying anything. Or read the back of the product. Some things that are cheap may not be healthy for your skin. Hope that helps!
When it comes to that sort of stuff...I say go cheaper...why pay ten bucks more for the same thing. Are you talking about Polo(example) that they sell in the Mall and at the drug stores?...or are you talking about Polo vs knock off Polo?
You're right you definitely pay more for brand names. Cheaper products are often just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
healthy skin