Thursday, December 10, 2009

What are the cheapest parts (cosmetic) I can fix my 91 civic DX hatchback with?

I crashed the poor little bugger and need a new hood (least important for now, it's only bent a bit), front bumper, driver's side fender, and headlight/turn signal.





if I take this to a body shop it's gonna be like $3000, so i'm obviously not gonna go for that. but I love this little car and want to get it back into shape.





none of this is gonna affect the performance of the car so I'd rather just get the cheapest parts possible aka i don't care if the hood or bumper is unpainted and black or whatever the case may be.





also, i'm most likely going to try to install this all myself so also let me know how difficult it would be to install each part.





thanks.What are the cheapest parts (cosmetic) I can fix my 91 civic DX hatchback with?
the same thing happened to me...


I went to a U-Pull-It auto wrecker and got the fender, hood, hood latch, radiator brackets, headlight, bumper cover, and all bolts/clips/etc for $120


you may need help with the hood but if you are careful you can do it yourself.


you need to take ratchets and sockets (10, 12, and 14mm), some extensions/u joints, and a phillips screwdriver and a prybar and hammer (just in case)


before you go make sure your radiator is not cracked and that the fans work. if your a/c condensor (the frontmost smaller radiator) is broken you will need to replace it and recharge the a/c (if you want to leave it broken the car will run fine) Look for a a donor car with original paint if possible. Pay attention to the gaps between body panels when installing the hood and fenders





If you have questions shoot me an email, I've gone through this recently and I was able to get everything lined upWhat are the cheapest parts (cosmetic) I can fix my 91 civic DX hatchback with?
Go to your local auto parts junkyard (pick and pull) and see if you can find your model to get any parts that may be available.





If your front bumper is plastic and only has a big dent or dimple on it, you can use a c-clamp and some wood to bend and push out the dimples back into normal shape.





If you don't find a driver's side fender, check ebay here:


http://lapi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EK鈥?/a>





If you don't find a turn light, check ebay here:


http://lapi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EK鈥?/a>





Installation should be easy. Just make sure you have a screwdriver, a ratchet wrench, with a 10mm socket, and extensions. Instead of $3000, you may just spend no more than $300.





Good luck!
  • Mountain E Bike Ni MH battery
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    healthy skin